Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Laugh and the world laughs with you, sneeze and it's goodbye Seattle

I get a little perturbed when I have to say "I'm just kidding."? I mean, for most people, sure, they might have to preface that (or, they opposite of preface..."postface"?) I just talked to a secretary and I said something outrageous and out of context. There was a pause and I said "...I'm just kidding." But I shouldn't have to, it was a well delivered non-sequitor, how coudl I be anything BUT kidding. The one thing I'm almost positive I have going for me is comic timing, when I joke, it's obvious I'm joking. For those of you with no mastery of comic timing, you should learn it, not so you can have a radio show that nobody listens to, but so you can say the rudest shit possible and not have anyone take it seriously, and even be able to comment on someone's actual flaws and make it sound like your joking about a flaw they don't have. It's great. I also hate when people tell me they're joking. Don't insult me, I get it, I didn't laugh because it wasn't funny. Wait, maybe the secretary just didn't find me that funny. Fuck.



Ever meet an old man who winks when he's joking? That could be the most annoying thing ever. I got caught in a long elevator ride with a guy like that once. The only time I wanted to take someone's life. Okay, one of two times...er three if you include every day Tucker Carlson's been alive.

No comments: