Sunday, August 20, 2006

Short-Haired Chick Day 10 in Springfield

Live from the Denny's across the street from the Days Inn in Springfield, Illinois

DSCN9861

it's Short-Haired Chick Day 10 in Springfield.

twiggy_800

Dude, I don't even know what a Friday is, all I know is I spent all day explaining Plinko to idiots.

twiggy-3

There are a lot of retarded people at this Fair. You spend a lot of time explaining in general, like explaining why there's Whack-A-Mole in the Lotto booth. But when the retarded people come in I have fun poorly explaining the concept and having them nod in understanding. You can explain the concept of soup while they're holding the Basketball and they'll just nod and start throwing the ball. "Have at it buddy, hope you win."

twiggy001

I popped back into Chicago for Friday Nights show, which, according to many in attendance was our best so far, which it didn't feel like to me. I felt out of it since I'd been out of town for the creation of the show. I truly was in a guest spot, which I guess I'll have to get used to. I did basically solo stuff because it's easier to stick in the show. I felt like the Eric Idle of Schadenfreude. Hey guys I promise I won't bully you into the musical rights in 30 years.

-

I'm loving my little neighborhood here in Springfield. My little Lady In The Water community in my complex, above, below, and across the way. And due to my antisocial behavior they are all woefully undeveloped just like the characters in Lady In The Water. And then there's my two neighborhood haunts, the Circle K and the Denny's across the street.

Great thing about being in a Denny's is you know everyone in every other Denny's across the country is just as depressed as you are.
-Drew Carey


99twig3

So I'm a Manager, I'm ten years older than the rest of my staff and they made me a Manager. I guess if you're doing this work and you're 33 that's what they call you. So I'm the gray-haired white dick who gets called racist because I told the 10 rowdy black kids having a pissing contest with each other over who's the better Pop-a-shot player that they had to leave.

pix30

Reilly-Twiggy

makeuptip

Every night a band plays at the Fairground, tonight was Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows. Which is hilarious, but not as hilarious as hearing the old lotto announcer say "Goo Goo Dolls" every twenty minutes for 10 hours. Actually for the first 6 hours he thought it was one band. "Enter for a drawing to win tickets to see The Counting Crow Goo Goo Dolls." I'd find it difficult to correct anyone on that as all names are fucking stupid. I also missed the combo of Foreigner and Blood, Sweat, and Tears the first night. That would've been interesting to see.

twigcam

Everything in this scenario I'm living is very funny. Not only am I managing Bobo's and Doyin's next to the Counting Crows Concert but I drive the promo van...everywhere.

DSCN9827

It's my only mode of transportation. When you drive the world's most conspicuous vehicle you get a lot of shit yelled at you. "Hey, you got any money?" "Hey you got any winning tickets?" or something. They're all joking, but what really cracks me up is that EVERYBODY says something. I laugh out loud that they're all involved in a bit and they don't know it. So everytime they say "Hey, can I get a ticket." I legitimately crack up and they think they're funny, but all I'm laughing at is the fact that, yet another person said the same thing.

skinnytwiggy

No comments: