Monday, August 28, 2006

Whatever Happened to that Iraq War?

Remember the Iraq War? I was a big fan first season, I guess it was ll the pre-season hype. I've never seen a show more hyped. I thought with all that hype it couldn't possibly live up to it. But when it finally aired it definitely lived up, the first episode, Shock and Awe, was a real blockbuster, I just couldn't believe the production value, and the tension, could we beat this threat or was America going to end? The stakes were high but I must admit I cheered when victory was declared at the end of season 1. Damn good tv, as sequels go.

And then it dissappeared. I know it was renewed, I heard alot about it staying on, some people were vehement that it stay on. I assumed it went to cable, but now I'm in a hotel with Cable now and I can't find the war anywhere? Was it cancelled? If it was cancelled why is my friend Tommy still on the production crew? The networks used to love talking about this show, and they don't now. I haven't seen one night-vision shot of an explosion in two years. I'm going to go check Netflix, maybe I can find the season 3 box and get caught up.

No comments: