Thursday, April 14, 2005

Viva Voce with Scotland Yard at the Metro tonight!

I don't know shit about music, I don't know shit about the indie scene, the last concert i went to was Def Leppard at the UIC Pavilion two years ago, but there are two bands I like right now and somehow they have ended up on the stage at the Metro tonight. Pure twist of fate brought Viva Voce to my attention, I discovered them while acting in their music video, check it out at

http://www.amorephonics.com/alivewpleasure.mov

It's directed by the brilliant Steve Delahoyde and it stars me as the Mayor Of Music Videos, reportedly it's playing on a loop in the H&M on Michigan and has been a big hit on the show 120 minutes on MTV Europe.

Bottom line, Viva Voce is awesome, and I never declare any music awesome. I heard Alive With Pleasure on the set of the shoot and thought it was SO good. Then they gave me a CD after the shoot and the whole thing was GREAT! EVERY SONG! You must check them out, go to iTunes, listen to "Daylight" and if you like it, just buy the whole damn album. Then come to the show.

And then, through a completely unconnected series of events (though, are there really ANY unconnected events?) I ended up at a show for the Scotland Yard Gospel Choir who puts like 15 people on their stage playing up to four guitars and horns and three singers, it's so much music, I've never heard such a multilayered sound out of a band that you could see at a bar. I was hooked on them too.

So: Number of Bands discovered in the last year - 2
Number of those bands that are playing together tonight at the Metro - 2

See you there.

No comments: