Monday, November 7, 2005

Shane Black needs your help!!

Okay, I just read this plea for audience for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Aint It Cool News. I'm a HUGE Shane Black fan, you know Shane Black, the writer who in 1987 made headlines for getting paid a Million Bucks for his script for Lethal Weapon, which is one of the better movies ever - "We got him because I shot him in the leg, I didn't fill him full of holes and try to jump off a building with him." "Hey that's no fair, the building guy lived." He followed that up with the even more brilliant The Last Boyscout - "You're nobody." "Shh, don't tell anyone.", and followed that up with the poorly produced, but brilliantly written Long Kiss Goodnight - "I would've been here earlier but I had to think up that Ham on Rye line." And Shane Black is even more well known for a small cameo role in Predator "So I said to my wife 'Geez you got a big pussy, Geez you got a big pussy', she said why did you say that twice, I said I didn't."

I've been waiting for his next project for nine years, and now it's out, it's called Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and it's also directed by him. I've been busy, but very excited to see it, and now it's dying on the vine, so I'm going to see it this weekend and if anybody out there is up for a good action comedy this weekend, give Shane Black his props, I'd like to see his directing career continue. And if it's not your style, buy a ticket anyway and then walk into Saw II, they never check to make sure you went to the right movie anyway.

No comments: