Monday, September 25, 2006

MY FAVORITE SKETCH!!!!!

Boy, lots of Kids In The Hall over at youtube. There was a time Sophmore year at Miami Of Ohio when I was O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with The Kids in The Hall, and, of course, sketch comedy in general. I was early into my sketchwriting career, I had cable for the first time in my life with my rommate, Jason Bechtel, who, by the way left a nice message and this picture of Schadenfreude on his indie rock website, I-See-Sound

main

Here's Jason, good to see you buddy.

main-1

Anyway, so I had HBO and Kids In The Hall for the first time. I used to run home from my improv show with the Tower Players to catch the new episodes of their last season on HBO, I taped it religiously and watched those episodes over and over and over, asking everyone who walked through the door if they wanted to watch some Kids In The Hall.

This has always been my favorite Kids In The Hall sketch.



They were just great. And boy did they know how to get in and get out of a bit. Premise, escalate, hit the road.

Now if I could just find a youtube video of the "Shirling" sketch in which a bunch of men chain themselves to each other around a barrel on which sits a spitting cobra and they spin and try not to get hit. "NEW SNAKE!"

No comments: