Wednesday, November 1, 2006

11am Update

Did I mention I got fired? Well, not fired, they were letting over half the staff go today anyway, but if we'd done well we could've stayed and enjoyed what I consider one of the best events in North America. But I missed the 5:40am bus from Canoga Park which is the only way to get here on time. I caught the 6:10 which got me here twenty minutes late, or fifty minutes late if you include the thirty minutes early we were supposed to be. Like I said over half the staff will be let go, I merely assured my position in that first group. I say "fired" because the woman in charge told me that today would be my last day in a way that sounded like a firing. If you didn't know that over half the staff would be let go today and heard her you'd assume I had just gotten fired, and that I was the only one.

Miserable ain't the word. It would've been nice to be here for the rest of the event but there would've been no guarantee. Instead I just got a taste of it, and lost a better paying job to work here. Franky Vivid hooked me up with a job with an awesome Documentary company a ten minute bus ride from where I'm staying logging footage for a documentary. I couldn't do it that day because I was training for this. So I missed out on $18 an hour working in jeans on a fascinating documentary to work for $11 in the khakis I bought for a Metropolis show.

2 comments:

Justin K. said...

sucky. But think of all your decisions like movie star decisions. Do I do the surf movie in Australia or do I hold out for Cameron's Aqua Man? It'll all work out.

BLK said...

Good. Now you can take 3 pork chops out of the freezer so they can thaw out before dinner.

See, there is ALWAYS an upside to things.