Tuesday, May 3, 2005

My Completely Simple and Necessarily Uncomplex New Phone


My new Phone, originally uploaded by PinthGarnell.

So I moved into my new neighborhood and lost another phone, two phones in three weeks. I'm kinda bad that way. Actually, I lost my really nice cameraphone, that roundish blue flipphone that everybody has now, and when I lost it I just pulled out my first cellphone, the old piece of shit motorola circa 2001, and reactivated it. I was offered plenty of good deals on new phones that day at the T-Mobile store but obstinantly said no, my old piece of shit works, why get unnecessarily complex? Well, I really forgot how big a piece of shit my old piece of shit was. I understand some of the new phones can take pictures, calculate the minutes until you die, emit a soothing masturbation gel, and on some of the older models, call people, but I don't think a phone can be considered too complex by having an unbroken lcd, which was the dominant feature of my old piece of shit. I also forgot one of it's most endearing features, it often shut down when someone called, which really is purpose-defeating. So I woke up in my new place after sleeping off a hellish 20 hour move (shit I really am behind on my blogging) and realized I'd lost my shitphone, actually i may not have lost it, but I wanted it lost so I walked down to one of my new neighborhoods landmarks next to the Checks Cahsed place, the cellphone store. The choice quickly came down to the phone you see pictured, a phone with such endearing features as calling people, text messaging, and calendar. Um, yeah, that's about it, oh, and AIM, which I'm obsessed with. But that's it. The othe choice, was the other end of the spectrum...

No comments: