Tuesday, August 30, 2005

POWER ON!

captpwr2

Sorry I've been away for so long but I had a wedding in Cleveland, a Schadenfreude Promo video, a new movie at my production company and a whole bunch of unacceptable sitting on my ass to accomplish. While sitting on my ass I watched Zentropa, Orgazmo, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Stander, Captain America (the 60's cartoon), Captain Power (yes, that Captain Power, can you tell I went to the comicon?) Gamera (2001), Cutey Honey (live action, 2003 and perhaps the greatest movie ever made), The Aristocrats, Dukes of Hazzard (perhaps the greatest movie ever), 40 Year old Virgin (Funniest movie since Ron Burgundy), and the 1980's toy tie-in classic animation, Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light. Oh and a ton of Monty Python, and Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 3, and the Daily Show DVD set. So. Back to work. Tonight Schadenfreude meets for the first time since the last time, technically we are on sabbatical, but as you might notice have been meeting every week or so to guest spot in someone else's show, but tonight we actually get back together to talk sketch, specifically rewriting a few old sketches just in case we end up auditioning for the Aspen Comedy Festival, which is also what I'm creating a video for. I'm taking the concept vaguely put forth in the animation test that's up on the site somewhere and grounding it a little. Playing clips from the radio show of Phudi Mart, Ed Bus, and Dinnerbansky and Ross and tieing them together. I don't know how I'm going to do it and it's late. I've found all my audio clips but none of my video, I think I'm just going to use sample video to get the idea across for our meeting tonight. It's so late. I have got to stop sleeping though, too much time.

No comments: