Monday, December 5, 2005

OOOH GOODY! SUPER GOODY!

I appreciate that there are a lot of people that read my unfocused blog. If you've read it for a while you know that there is one thing that truly excites me, besides a well-earned Bush Impeachment. LIVE ACTION SUPERHEROES BABEEEEEEE!

Get what was revealed today? Something much better than a picture of Sandman, ten times better than MAN-THING! (which I saw, holy shit, so bad...yet, as a Swamp Thing fan I kind of enjoyed, remember Swamp Thing? So good).

It's the release of the first pics of the X-Men 3 cast!

Unfortunately being a flash site I can't post the photo's here, but check out Kelsey Grammer as The Beast, super-goodness. And that picture Angel is terrific. I love it. They're coming to life before my eyes. They live! They exist! They now walk the earth like you and I and Wolverine and Spider-Man and The Hulk and Batman and The Human Torch and Justin Kaufmann.

Also, they released the first images of The Ultimate Avengers, an animated straight-to-video coming out in February. I doubt I'm talking to a lot of comic book readers, but comics are far far far far far far far better than they've ever been before and one of the great recent achievements was a gritty realistic modern comic book retelling of the formation of the Avengers called The Ultimates by Mark "Genius" Millar. Oh what piece of my soul wouldn't I give away to direct that film someday.

BB

Oh, and for good measure: A picture from the movie Rocky Balboa.

BBBB

Is there a single cynic out there who didn't have Bill Conti's Rocky theme startup in your head when you saw it? I didn't think so, save me a seat, sometimes I arrive late.

3 comments:

Little Sister said...

X-men posting totally made my day.

Kelsey Grammar is going to be such a rad Beast -- and I dig the picture of Angel in the wing-harness. Despite Gambit's abscence, I'm getting really excited about X3. Always got Nightcrawler..

-Jessi

Still Jessi. said...

Edit: Well, I did have Nightcrawler, anyway.

Adam said...

Yeah, it's sad to see Nightcrawler go, but it makes him more unique that he was only there for that one adventure. Like the Colossus appearance in X2, so small that it stands out as one of the best moments.

YOU MUST GO WATCH THE TRAILER! The Moment where Angel extends his wings, awesome. And all the T2 looking future war stuff, and Juggernaut and more Colossus!