Monday, October 23, 2006

Bart saw Borat!



Bart went to a wedding in Santa Monica, some high-class place called Shutters(??), which I should know if I'd lived here for a while. It's pretty populated by celebs. Bart saw Sasha Baron Cohen there and Sasha was pretty uneasy about being approached. Bart and I talked about how it's tough for people to be almost unknown one day and then can't walk the street the next. Then when I asked Bart in more detail about their interaction, he said that Marth saw him and shouted "BORAT!", then Bart turned and saw him and shouted "BORAT!" Whereupon Sasha promptly ran out of the room. Bart chased him.

Gee, I wonder why he was uneasy. Funny story though.

I was very bummed Friday night, 6 to 8 because I knew a Rent Party was going on and I wasn't a part of if, the show went well, and now I have to wait for the video like everyone else.

But I quickly took my mind off my homesickness by going to an after-party for the film I produced in Chicago, Heaven's Fall, which played at the Arclight and I got to meet a lot of familiar faces at the Velvet Margarita in Hollywood, a restaurant bar that looks fancy enough that I shouldn't be allowed in, yet is never too crowded. I saw some familiar faces from the movie and talked to some of them that live here and are making a living in production, I'm emailing my resume to a few of them, networking, networking...

I went to an art opening for Bart's friend, who has done digital effects for six years on Spider-Man. How cool. That's the sort of people you meet around here. The house was up in the hills, which one's I don't know because I'm not completely familiar with the place all I know is that it was easily a 75degree incline to get to their place, but once you were there it was like standing on a well-populated cliff, looking across the valley at more well-populated cliffs.

Then we went over to Lenny's and played poker. The Amazing Larry J came along, and I got to meet a few more people, one of which is producing a pilot for E!, so I'm emailing her my resume, networking networking...

Uhhh, and that's it except for the Sunday night cheer-up call from my Mom, who wants me to call Conan O'Brien and ask if they have any openings for writers, I told her I'd call after I called the Scrubs people, unless they post it on Craig's list. Headed back to Scott Sternberg to finish up the sizzle reel after I send out some more resumes. I can't wait to have a life here. Thanks for everyone for the kind word in all the recent talkbacks. Something will happen here. Something always does.

No comments: