Monday, October 16, 2006

Melrose & Van Ness

Hey guys,

I wanted to sum up Thursday-Monday in a nice long post because it was the most interesting five days I've had in a while and it really is crazy what can happen in a town where so much is going on, I'll lay out the details for tomorrow's post as I have to finish a writing sample for a job I interviewed for on Thursday (that's right, a writing sample, I might be paid to (gasp) write). That was the beginning of a cool-ass weekend. I'll keep the stove warm with pictures of my view Saturday and Sunday while I edited a Sizzle Reel for Square Off. Know you're Hollywood terminology: Sizzle Reel - a reel showing the highlights of a TV show usually to update producers or drum up advertising.

I was at Raleigh Studios on the corner of Melrose & Van Ness

Melrose
DSCN6816

and Van Ness
DSCN6819

But if you look closer...

Melrose
DSCN6818

and Van Ness
DSCN6820

There is no greater drug than seeing that Hollywood sign. When you live in Chicago it seems like something fake that means something fake, but when you're here and you see that sign, you know where you are and what is possible, and it really is anything.

Talk to you tomorrow, until then, keep dreaming.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Wow, man! I'm glad it's going well this week and you're taking time to soak up the reality of this awesome experience!