Friday, October 20, 2006

Just when you thought it was dead, it's SHORT HAIRED CHICK FRIDAY!

Sorry for the brief pause in the flow of short-haired chicks, please see yesterdays blog for my long star-fucking excuse.

0112cda

By the way, today's Short-Haired Chick Friday is brought to you by THE SCHADENFREUDE RENT PARTY! Tonight, 8pm at the Gallery Cabaret, Todd Voorhies is throwing a Halloween Party and you're all invited, featuring a great lineup of three of my favorites Pete Grosz, Robert Buscemi (who was ridiculously funny at my roast), and the ever-wonderful Mike & Duane.

33-bmod06_02

I was on the phone with the Schad crew while the wrote the show, I can't say I got any bits into the show, but I can't say they needed my help, there's some hilarious bits in the show, Kristopher Kriss won a genius grant and will be presenting the piece that cinched it, and Judy Barr-Topinka is going to debate Ed Bus. I'm jealous of all of you who are going to get to see this one first hand.

14-bmag01_01

So I was going to post a SHCF on Nora Zehetner, which I'd just seen in Brick, but I'd already posted here, check it out here because she's super goddamn cute. Out of control, really.

But one short-haired hottie I'd never posted was Claire Danes.

006

Juliet herself, that chick in T3 herself, that chick in Mod Squad herself.

33-bmodcast08

I don't know shit about her. I looked up her bio on IMDB and as far as I can tell she's boring. She's dating Billy Crudup, which probably won't force me to revise the previous statement, I can't imagine him being interesting.

14-bmag00_02

Oh she was also voted by People as one of the 50 most beautiful people, thanks People, you're existence is validated.

So instead of talking about Claire I'll just let you look at pictures of her while I blab more about Los Angeles.

62529.33483

The coolest place I've been here so far is Long Beach, my friend The Unknown Blogger lives in Long Beach and it is the coolest goddamn area. It's only an hour away from L.A. by El (a term I refuse to stop using) and yet it's its own city. They have a whole bigass downtown and then this awesome walkable stretch with restaurants and bars, it's such a cool area and five minutes from the Beach. I loved it there, though I've been informed by many that all the punky short-haired chicks live in Silverlake, so I think I've found my home when I finally get an apartment.

American Pavillion

I do not own a car, which is a huge pain in the ass, but my only other option was to save up for one and God knows when I would've moved to L.A. if I'd waited around for that. In the meantime I have mastered transit here, I'm currently crashing in the spare bedroom of Bart & Martha in Canoga Park which is this far from L.A., about 26 miles. In order to get into town I have to take the Saticoy bus two miles West to Topanga Canyon, take the Topanga bus two miles south to the Warner Center hub where they have this terrific new innovation called the Orange Line. Here's a concept that confused me for a while, it's not a train.

normal_clairedaneshq164

The Orange Line is a bus that has IT'S OWN ROAD. That's right, an entire 15 mile paved road used only by the Orange Line Bus. It only makes six stops and drops me off in North Hollywood where I get on the Red Line train that takes me into town. It's a pain in the ass, but you can get anywhere, you just have to alot 2 1/2 to 3 hours if you live in Canoga Park. But then you have to alot an hour and a half if you drive into town too, so, that's L.A.

0302cda

Once I move to Silverlake to start ogling girls in Chuck Taylor's my transit woes will be eased. I found out that Dave Allen from Freaks and Geeks has never owned a car.

37-bus9611_10

No comments: