Thursday, March 16, 2006

loudQUIETloud: Austin Part 7

Thank you for being a part of this 8 part exploration of why we all love Brian Austin Green.

Note: The premiere was actually 48 hours ago, I wrote "24 hours until" in the last post because I'm behind on posting, not because there's a second screening. I took copious notes at the time, but it's taken time to format them, plus it adds a little Green Mile serialization to the whole thing..."what will happen?!" you might ask and drive my blog numbers high enough to start negotiating REAL blogad numbers. So as you read the following post I will be pretending it's the morning after the screening and even pretending I'm on the plane. But I'm not. I'm on the El. I am a liar.

But first, I forgot to talk about loudQUIETloud: A Movie About The Pixies movie starring CHARLEY'S DAD!!

aa

Well, okay, he didn't "star" in it, but, you know he was IN it, were you in it? Allright, end of argument. Charley's Dad has been a producer in the music industry for years, he wrote "Funkytown" "And "Purple Rain." I am not kidding. I knew he worked on Frank Black's solo album because I knew I had seen the Pixies in the fall of 2004 and that that was hard to do without a little help. Thank you David. There's three bands I give a shit about seeing They Might Be Giants, Def Leppard and The Pixies. The first two I've seen numerous times and the latter I was always sad because I thought I'd never see.

a

And if you've never seen Def Leppard, run, do not walk. And take Tommy Pritchard with you, it makes the whole thing much more fun. (By the way: Tommy called from Iraq, he's no longer in harms way in Iraq, he's been transferred to radio operation at communication headquarters. Don't know about you but I'm breathing a sigh of relief.)

So during the Pixies re-union, the filmmakers of Devil's Playground accompanied them and shot 800 hours of footage (and over 100 hours of that was Kim Deihl taking a shit). Very interesting documentary, like all documents half the point is that you're THERE with these people; but unlike the best of documentaries, they never find a plot. Of course sometimes in documentaries a plot never happens, just life but events are nonetheless worth documenting.

And knowing that Charley's Dad had worked with Frank I held out hope that, you know, maaaaaaybe he'd end up in it. But why? Why would they feature the producer of Frank's Solo album in any way? BUT THEY DID! So exciting.

And then the follwing day...we premiered the film.

24 hours to the premiere of Heaven's Fall...still.

Next: Austin Part 8: A Mouse on The Mile

3 comments:

Same Friend said...

Haha, back atcha. Dally if you must, but the longer you wait, the tougher it�s going to be for you. Right now, the one to beat is the bowled-over premiere attendee who pronounced �Heavens Fall� Oscar-worthy: http://www.digital-femme.com/my_weblog/2006/03/sxsw_2006.html .

Adam said...

Wow. Cool. Thanks for the link. Same Friend.

pixie said...

i was in it. :)