Thursday, May 25, 2006

What I'm Listening To Right Now

4051681493

The Soundtrack To Klute composed my Michael Small. Freaky music, as sparse as the movie, perfect (like you) and available at MovieGrooves. The second greatest website of all time. I just watched Klute for the first time, Fonda earned that Oscar (I know, I'm weighing in a little late), and is there a film more gorgeously shot than Klute? Gordon "Godfather" Willis firing on all cylinders, the best cinematographer of all time doing his best work under Alan "All The President's Men" Pakula who's at his most formalistic, and that's a gooooood thing. Another one of those slow, delberate (Gerry, Elephant, Last Days) films that I just love. Awesome. David Fincher's favorite film of all time, FYI. There's something about those 70's films, once loosened from political contraints and the obvious experiementation, they're just so confident.

No comments: