Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Who The Fuck Is Mitch Rouse? Part II

A while back I posted this blog about one of my favorite comedians, Mitch Rouse, because I had seen his directorial debut Employee of the Month. Mitch was one of the first people I met at Second City, and encouraged me to pursue comedy. I took a picture of him and Paul Dinello that I kept on my bookshelf until I moved to Chicago.

HP Portrait Studio

I was so excited when Exit-57 came out and there was all these people I had met in their own show. Actually it kind of depressed me because they were all really doing it and I was still in Oxford, which I guess should depress me more now after three seasons of Strangers With Candy, Colbert Report, Wigfield, etc. etc. But I made Phudi Mart so I'm not sweating it either.

SO GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?! The following response was just posted to the original post.

Hey Adam - Guess who? Yeah, it's me, Mitch Rouse. That's who the fuck it is. Someone e-mailed this blog. What are you doing in the world of comedy? Don't tell me you're out of it, because I will track you down and we'll finish what we mock started back in Chicago at the last act bar across the street from second city. I can't tell if you liked "Employee of the month" it seems like you liked the first hour. That's an hour more than most. I do enjoy the dark comedy. It's nice tto see that you picked up on so many of the "hidden" inside stuff like North and Wells, Del, etc. There were also alot of second city people in the film, David Pasquesi, Mike Coleman, Paul Dooley, Renee Albert the list goes on. I won't keep you any longer - I hope all is well in your world and stay tuned - I got a few more things to come. MITCH

How fucking cool is that?

WHEELS_2

1 comment:

orlando said...

"you just made the list Mister..."
best
episode
ever