Friday, December 8, 2006

And Oscar Award Winning Short-Haired Chick Friday

For a long time I've been an avid collector of 80's pop soundtrack songs and I'm proud to say I'm listening to Fletch, Get Out of Town as I put this blog together. I don't know who the artist was but he's really passionate of Fletch getting out of town.

Hilary-Swank1-1

It was only a matter of time before I got around to posting a Short-Haired shout-out to a woman who won an Oscar for playing this girl.

hilary_swank_1

I've never seen Boys Don't Cry, yes I can watch Hostel or even Hostile and know for 90 minutes that the people I'm about to watch are going to die or at least wish they had, but I can't bring myself to watch Boys Don't Cry knowing for 90 minutes that intolerant rednecks are going to rape and kill Hilary. Just can't do it.

hilary-swank1

Maybe I feel like I've spent quite enough of my life biting my tongue in the presence of intolerant rednecks and I'm good for the time being.

hswank

What an investment for her, huh? $75 a day is what she got played to act in Boys Don't Cry. Do you know how many asshole actors would turn that down because they're more aesomer than that and then NOT become $10 million actresses as Hilary has? A lot. A lot of failed actors.

2

The biggest dicks are actors in their twenties, I remember when I worked on the movie A Reason To Believe which was shot in Oxford, OH, I got to work with actors like Brando, Pacino, Redford, Hoffman...oh wait, no, I guess it wasn't them, it was that guy who played Bug in Uncle Buck, the "Dishes are done dude" kid from Don't Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead, and Allie's daughter from Kate & Allie, but you'd think they were bigger from the way they acted.

SwankHilary55022120_400

Funny thing was, at that time Danny Quinn, Anthony Quinn's son, was married to Lauren Holly, which is a much more interesting story during the three months when Lauren Holly was the biggest thing ever. I always think that dissappearing act is weird, like, whatever happened to Jenna Elfman? She was the biggest thing ever for a couple weeks. Remember when you just couldn't stop hearing about Jenna Elfman?

hilary_swank

Bottom line, I ended up working in the editing room on an old Steenbeck and got to look at raw footage of Holly-Marie Combs' boobs whenever I wanted. But this isn't about me.

4

Man was I hot for Hilary when she was nominated for that first Oscar, because all the coverage of her during that time was her with reasonable short hair interspersed with clips of her with REALLY short hair. Plus she's got that strong jaw, which I love on a woman, although hers borders on unattractive.

news_hillary.sw

Actually never mind, that's a hot picture. I was really swooning over her at the time. I thought I had perhaps gone a little too far in my love of short-haired chicks. I mean, she was playing a dude, so I was attracted to a dude, right? Except it's a dude with boobs and girl's hips. If I didn't have so few issues, I'd have issues. All I know is I really hated Chad Lowe and I'm so happy they're divorced. I'm like the fat secretary that gets happy when Brad Pitt gets divorced, so now Brad Pitt is now free to screw fat secretary's. Now Hilary is free to screw reality show loggers who are living in their college friend's guest room.

3

Is she that great an actress? I know she's a great press release, she lost weight, gained weight, got in shape, grew a dick, but I have no bearing on whether she's a good actress. She probably is, I just think its curious that I actually don't know.

I'll have to watch The Next Karate Kid and find out.

thenextkaratekid4sn

NJR-VFSwank1
Hey, she doesn't have short hair there! How'd that get in there?

No comments: