Monday, September 26, 2005

Evidently the Bengals won

Ickey Shuffle!

So I'm all set to call Dad up in Dayton (Bengals territory until they get their own team: The Dayton Frozen Over Hells) to watch a little of the Chicago/Cincinnati game only to realize, I don't get tv. No antenna and apparently no need for one in the last six months. I know I'm much-avowed non-tv watcher and that can simply seem like a flaunted hip opinion, but I could not watch the first tv I've wanted to watch in six months because I don't couldn't get tv and hadn't had the need before. So I popped in a DVD of a tv show.

Sealab_2021_[The_Policy]_(2002)_4

Sealab 2021, have you seen this? I am now a big fan of the Adult Swim shows, a little late to the game I know, but these shows are so produced outside the box that I love it. Cheap edgy and a new type of humor for a new generation, non-sequitor humor honed originally on Space Ghost Coast To Coast. Post-Modern pop reference humor at the top of it's game.

No comments: