Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Sandy

DSCN7696

Fun Facts:

Sandy recognized me as someone he wanted to know when I came to our first Second City class in a Boba Fett t-shirt. I recognized Sandy as someone I wanted to know when he talked about his outside-class writing. I asked Sandy to be in a short film of mine a month later, his line is "Guys, keep it down." I asked Sandy and Kate if they would like to write together with me and Ike Barinholtz in the breezeway of what is now Corcorans across from Second City in October of 1998. The Cafe Ashie writing sessions took place in Sandy and his roommate Joel Friend's dining room on Malden later that year. We wrote Crazy Pants and Darth in Sandy's living room on Addison, where we also watched the premiere of Upright Citizens Brigade and the Bulls win their fifth championship. For Sandy's birthday in 1999, Justin, John, Stephe and myself staged an outrageous piece of performance art in front of the window of an italian restaurant on Broadway where he and Kate were dining. Sandy likes the movie Robot Jox. Tomorrow night I will perform with Sandy for somewhere in the range of the 600th time in a place very similar to Cafe Ashie. Sandy plays a good retard and has an obsession with the phrase "blood engorged."

Happy Birthday SM,

AW

No comments: