Friday, April 14, 2006

Who?: It's Short-Haired Chick Friday

Just when I say "well I posted Vasquez, I think I'm officially out..." Charley comes up and says "Hey I just saw this movie 'Brick', there's a chick in it that you'd love." This is code for "short-haired chick." This is the advantage of embracing my fetish, people give me material.

Nora1

So it turns out there's this show called Everwood (sounds dirty). And evidently in it is this actress named Nora Zehetner and evidently she's in this great new film Brick.

All I know is that hair is short!

Nora2

And she's got that "aw-shucks"-y innocence which is particularly attractive.

nora4

See, look at that, she's just hanging out in her t-shirt and aw gosh she could take it or leave it. I like that. I like it in general, but for a celebrity to pull off that "genuine" act, double-good.

Here's my favorite, I don't know why.

sundance05_park_city_lift_1

Maybe it's because this is how she would look if we were just hanging out. Maybe it's because nothing's sexier than jeans. Maybe it's because she's at Sundance in this picture. I don't know, I like that one.

Nora7

And you could direct planes to land with her eyes. I like Anime eyes. Nora defines Anime eyes, look at those. I could see her with a skimpy outfit and giant sword, hanging in the air with lines zipping down behind her as she battles a giant cthulu robot that came out of her vagina after she got raped by a ball of metal that fell from space. Nobody seen that anime? Nobody?

nora_zehetner_005

I'm grabbing at straws here. I heard an interview with the director of Brick. That's something to talk about while those big eyes tick by. It's completely written as a noir, with the hardnosed cop, the femme fatale, the complex plot, noir dialogue, everything, and then simply transplanted to a high school.

Nora6

The bar become a lunch room, the police chief becomes the principal, and being taken off the case becomes being thrown out of school. It sounds great and Charley's review was glowing.

nora_zehetner_004

The director went around to all the studios, but they all felt it was too "execution-dependent", in other words "great concept, too easy to fuck up by a first-time director." So he raised $500,000 and made it himself.

nora3

And that's Nora Zehetner. You're welcome.

By the way, a little short-haired news: Carla Barger, ex-girlfriend and short-haired chick who looked like this for most her life...
847148520432l
...has been growing her hair down to her ass for three years, but rumor has it, she has cut the hair. She'll be at the Rent party, we'll see if it's true.