Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tagged!

Justin has tagged me and now I've got some answerin' to do. Don't laugh, I read a lot of comics.

a book that made you cry: Kingdom Come (comic book). Yes a comic book. I don't cry easily. But KC is far and away the best comic book ever, gorgeously painted by Alex Ross and a script by Mark Waid that is more heroic than anything I've seen in popular culture. Heroism pushes my buttons, and gets me emotional when it's so rarely done right. There is a moment in issue 4 that is so heroic that it did bring me to tears. "'Then decide. Decide the world.' And when he cries...seven thunders utter their voices." Gives me chills just writing it, go check it out.

a book that scared you: The book I was reading while the first Nightmare on Elm Street played in the background. I think it was Modern Civics, couldn't sleep for a week.

a book that made you laugh: Parliament of Whores by P.J. O'Rourke

a book that disgusted you: Hoodwinked: The Documents that Reveal How Bush Sold Us a War.

a book you loved in elementary school: DRUMMER HOFF! "General Border gave the order, Major Scott brought the shot, Captain Bammer brought the rammer, Sergeant Chowder brought the powder, Corporal Farrell brought the barrel, Private Parriage brought the carriage, but Drummer Hoff fired it off."

a book you loved in middle school: Bloom County: Penguin Dreams and Stranger Things.

a book you loved in high school: Skywalking: The Life and Times of George Lucas

a book you hated in high school: Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain

a book you loved in college: Quentin Tarantino: Shooting From The Hip

a series that you love: Secret Wars (the SECOND best comic of all time) I've never been so on the edge of my seat for the next months installment. I just broke it open at Borders, it is STILL a great story. Now you have two to check out.

your favorite horror book: Werewolf By Night comics, particularly his fight with The Moon Knight!

your favorite science fiction book: Crisis On Infinite Earths

your favorite fantasy book: Mike, Spike, Slackers & Dikes: A Guided Tour Across a Decade of American Independent Cinema

your favorite mystery book: Foucoult's Pendulum, I eat up mysticism and secret societies with a spoon (and yet I haven's read The Davinci Code)

your favorite biography: Quentin Tarantino: Shooting From The Hip (I easily read it three times a year)

your favorite "coming-of-age" book: Quentin Tarantino: Shooting From The Hip/Skywalking

your favorite book not on this list: Filmmakers Master Class (I have NEVER read a filmmaking book this good before or since. N-E-V-E-R

Fave Romance: True Romance shooting script

No comments: