Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Brianna?

Brianna? Is that a good name, course I do love a biblical name, maybe I should name my new blog Jacob, Caleb, or Tad? I've got a new blog on the way, well, it's the same blog, it'll be right here and it'll still hate Bush, it'll still like live-action superhero movies, Gus Van Sant, and short-haired chicks. But it will have a new name and a whole new look. You may have noticed Stephe has been pruning the garden on Schadrenfreude.net, well in a week or so he's going plant a bunch of new flowers. Stephe was industrious enough to go to the trouble of creating new templates for all the blogs (when the lazy thing to do would leave the crappy blogger templates). Way to go Stephe! Who has a great blog as well if you don't read it, second only to Kaufmann's with the rest of us hot on their observational tails, though none of them talk about enough about live-action superhero movies for my tastes. So Stephe asks us is we're all okay with what we named our blogs, last call, last call, time to set them in stone for all eternity. My name was pretty random, just something I thought of one day while reading a Republican lie overconfidently spoken. It had a name before, but fuck if I remember what that was. Stephe, what the hell was it called before? Anyway, so I was thinking of a good name for it. "That's what they want you to think" is actually pretty good and was resigned to keep it, but then one night during a Schad meeting I was quoting a movie I often quote and after a line I said, not meaning it, "that's a good name for a blog." Stephe and Sandy cracked up, because, it actually kind of was. Whocares, point is, it's changing and it's a good name. I feel a new sense of ownership after designing the header with Stephe plus the new name, so I'll try and pick up the quality a bit, bring in some guest bloggers, write more pieces write about the shit I'm too lazy to write about now. So much shit happens worth writing about. I'm going to push Stephen Louis Gluck to guest blog, he makes me laugh too much to not start writing it down. Also I'm going to try and get my The Fun Zone (my Mom and StepDad) to share a random 60's story because those are ridiculous. A little Dave's Mom action. Alright, fuck off, I'm supposed to be finishing Alderman. Summary: Say goodbye to That's What They Want You To Think say hello to...Brian? How's Brian? Ashley? Crystal? Amber? Frieda? Squonk? Brianna? Did I say Brianna? What did ya'll think when I brought up Brianna?

No comments: