Thursday, February 16, 2006

Short-Haired Chick Friday

Opener

So. For some reason because I do this short haired chick thing parents, friends, tower players and people I did community service with after I stole those road cones have come up to me and told me that Natalie Portman is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly and her hair's real short.

It's getting longer

Which is funny because the very first short haired chick Friday was about exactly that. It was just something I was going to blog about that day that I named oddly. Chicks look great in short hair, Natalie looks great in...existence, so the two would be a perfect combination, but I never assume any actresses would ever go for the short hair, much less Natalie. So when it happened and she looked more awesome than she already did, I thought I'd celebrate a beautiful thing.

Since then Natalie has popped up over and over.

Each time I see her, her hair's a little longer. And since short-haired chicks vary based on the length of their hair, Natalie has been SEVERAL short-haired chicks, all cute.

nwlwsz

She's getting a lot of press lately because of the short hair. I can only hope for an epidemic outbreak of desperate Hollywood starlets all getting their Sinead-on in unison.

natalie-berlinvfv-010

She's certainly kind to the fanboys isn't she? She's the perfect storm of actresses for fanboys. She makes her premiere in one of the biggest cinema suprises for all of us, The Professional. We all would've fallen in love with The Professional anyway, but Natalie's debut cemented that as a modern classic and started the countdown until she was legal.

natalie-berlinvfv-030

And then, as if she were created only for us she went onto Michael Mann's best movie, Heat. to further please you and me and everyone on earth she goes and gets in the goddman second Star Wars Trilogy, and THEN she gets into an adaptation of Alan Moore's BRILLIANT comic book V For Vendetta. Thanks Natalie, you really don't have to go this far to prove your love to us, OH MY you're playing a stripper!

nerblenatalieportmanew037cz

And finally, I think this last picture is why we love Natalie.

natalie-berlinvfvpc-002

That's the look of what we love about her when we love about her.

No comments: