Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Flame on!


Live action!, originally uploaded by PinthGarnell.

Well, I wouldn't be a proper nerd without saying that, just as with Batman Begins, I am very excited to see Fantastic Four. I just get excited at the idea that such a thing exists. The very idea that a realistic treatment would be given to these wild stories I loved as a kid and that someone would try and convince an audience through the most realistic art medium that a man can catch on fire or turn invisible, or be turned into a pile of rocks. I've seen Spider-Man many times and it still astounds me that it exists, a real-life version of the Spider-Man story (not to mention two of them). Cool. So cool. I can tell already that the geek community is so excited to be unimpressed when they see this, but I never am. No matter how bad The Fantastic Four might be, it's still a Fantastic Four movie. I own the Roger Corman 1993 $1mil budget Fantastic Four and it was such shit, but I love it. It's a Fantastic Four movie! The whole time I watched The Hulk I couldn't believe I was watching the Hulk. After I was a little let down by Daredevil I still couldn't believe that I'd just seen Daredevil. I don't know what it is with me and these movies, but the idea of them, not the execution, THE IDEA of them thrills me.

No comments: