Monday, July 25, 2005

Has Anyone Mentioned The Heat?

So sweaty

I don't know if anyone's talked about the heat yet, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to say it's hot out. I find that too little in society today do people discuss the weather, but this subject of conversation is often glossed over in the wake of great heat. But it's hot. Actually hot. I found it odd a month ago when it actually got hot for the first time in this very cool summer that people were complaining. It wasn't that hot, but people are always so excited to talk about how hot it is that they blew their load a month ago complaining about the heat because it was upper 70's. WBEZ was so excited to get their pre-packaged story on the heat-wave out that they did it like a month ago. "Surviving the heat? Here's some some tips on light-loose clothing, fluids, and where not to leave your dog." A month ago. Last night I had a soda go warm. Not unusual except that it felt like it had been left on the stove. That's really going warm. When I write I sit in the front room of my apartment I get a nice cross breeze through the many windows, as I wrote the cross breeze got warmer and warmer and warmer until I felt like I was by a blow-dryer. It's weird to have a breeze be so caustically anti-me. Breeze's are usually friendly in some way. Also I'd like to talk to Edgewater about the paucity of hot women on their beaches, where do I file that? Anybody? Anyway, just thought I'd mention the heat, now that it's worth mentioning. Hey, has anybody seen this movie Pulp Fiction?

2 comments:

sledge said...

So, you just had to go and post a Richard Simmons photo.

Damn you, Adam Witt.

(kidding.)

Adam said...

It was in the sweat theme.