Tuesday, June 27, 2006

12 hours until he Returns

12 hours until

sr-d

12 hours and I'm just too busy to have a 24 hour Superhero filmfest. I don't have a job and I'm too busy to have a 24 hour Superhero filmfest. DAMMIT! I'm planning on watching Superman i today, and then maybe hit Superman II tomorrow, some Superboy tv show, Superman III, IV, The old tv show with George Reeves if my Netflix will come.

Since the first Sueprman live-action superhero movies have grown into a rabid obsession with me, a genre I'm really completely in love with every facet of. Having lived though the Rocketeer/Ninja Turtles/The Phatom/Batman Forever/Shadow/Judge Dredd years (and yes, saw all of them in theatres) I can't believe I'm living in an era where a THIRD X-Men movie comes out weeks before a SUPERMAN movie, Six months before a a Ghost Rider move (how obscurely awesome is it that there's a $70million Ghost Rider movie?

I've said all this before but I'm almost nervous to see Superman Return because it's already perfect in every way. It's the ultimate of heroism in my favorite genre. He's it. The end all. #1. The original Superman, Godbless it, started all this obsession for me and after years of great senses-shattering Superhero action (with significant input by Bryan Singer), where has Superman been? With 9/11 and a fascist dictatorship running the country where are our heroes? It's too perfect a time or Superman to Return. I'm nervous to hear that music that throws me RIGHT BACK into the same theatre seat in 1978 creating this whole world that would become an obsession leading up to Superman again.

It's just too much. You can see why I'm nervous.

No comments: