Thursday, June 15, 2006

Good morning Job holders

It's so weird that I'm stressed when I haven't seen a paycheck in two months anyway, if only I had quit two months ago I wouldn't be so stressed right now, I'd have a job.

Looked at Craigslist briefly, found a guy that gives a 50/50 commission split on stock footage sold. I have a lot of stock footage, might throw some footage up, see if I can make a couple of bucks. I guess there are advantages to shooting EVERYTHING for 12 years. Hey Kate, Sandy, can get an image rights release from everybody at your wedding? Got addresses on that? Never mind, I'll find them. What's Jenny's husband's name again?

So I'm in the middle of editing the awesome video from last week's rent party. Very funny, should be up tomorrow. Just having a relaxing afternoon of editing and writing. I could do this professionally.

I found the best site ever. Remember Power Records?

pr308146pr24

I found mp3's of some of them online. I had so many of these and listened to them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Those three pictured are my favorites, but the one's I could find on the list of records they produced that I had were.

Spider-Man: Mark of the Man-Wolf
The Fantastic Four: The Way It Began
Batman: Robin Meets Man-Bat
Batman: The Scarecrow's Mirages
Spider-Man: The Mad Hatter of Manhattan
Superman: Witherspoon's Catalyst
Batman: Gorilla City
Superman: The Killer Bees
Superman: P.O. Box

I would love to have a complete collection of these, if for nothing else the cover art, but listening to them again after all these years is awesome, I am immediatly a child, imagination running wild when I listen to these, and I still know all the words. "Could you pour me a Coke out of that dipper?" - that's the joke the jock tells while Peter Parker is trying to take their Astronomy Teachers lecture seriously. They're so vivid in their description, great storytelling. The Man-Bat one is priceless. Before VCR's or Cable how could you experience your favorit pop culture over and over? You had to listen to it. The Story of Star Wars album is so worn it looks like sandpaper.

14

It was great because it was all real audio clips from the movie with only brief narrator passages to edit the story for time. For at least a full month or two and intermittently thereafter I would come home from school, put on that record and act the movie out. Every. Day. It explains a lot. I loved getting to say "hell" because Han saying "what the hell are you doing?" is on the album

The one I never had that I've always wanted, just because I'm kind of obsessed with Man-Thing, is The Man-Thing: Night of the Laughing Dead. Man-Thing was a disturbing comic when I was a kid, it was so weird and written in the second person "But you are not a human, you are a monster..." and "Night of the Laughing Dead" is such a disturbing thought, Laughing Zombie, laughter echoing through the Everglades where Man-Thing lives. ON A KIDS RECORD. Someday I look forward to hearing it, and remaking the Man-Thing movie properly.

I can't believe they fucked up the Man-Thing movie, it is NOT a hard concept, but an interesting one.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I rented the Man-Thing movie shortly after you visited for that weekend and kept mentioning it.

To be honest, I really don't remember that much about it.

johnny said...

you can download most of those including the Man-thing one on demonoid