Monday, July 31, 2006

Big Week Coming Up!

Monday
Tonight I'm doing standup for the first time ever, but I don't know where. It's too bad, I'd love to plug it, but I don't know where it is. Franky set it up, Michelle L'Amour's manager. Like everything I told someone I can do something I'm not sure I can do, and then they hold me to it. I always hated standup because it was so shitty in the 90's, all the good comedians had cleary been used up and it was the same old shit, same old delivery. It kind of died as a for for a while, the standup clubs had plent of fodder to fill their sets but there were very few national showcases. A while back I was returned from my hatred of standup by hearing David Cross. The guy just tells stories, I loved it. I realized not all standup has to be hack. Then Dane Cook came out and I was amazed that he got and hour out of the dumbest shit, the dumbest 90's stand-up topics, car alarms, meeting girls, eating fast food. All the same old dumb shit, and yet he made it funny. I couldn't believe it. So when asked if I could do standup I told Franky yes. Now I gotta pay for saying that. We'll see, I'll let you know how it went.

Wednesday
BIG NIGHT! NATIONAL TV WEDNESDAY! NBC WEDNESDAY NIGHT 7pm-9pm cst
The bit I talked about a couple weeks ago with Michelle L'amour is on! NBC finally got it through all the lawyers they needed to and Michelle (from last week's rent party, watch the video here) will do her Knight Rider dance on the hood of the real Knight Rider voiced BY ME! I just signed the release. I agreed to 30% of the DVD royalties, I got screwed.

Friday-Saturday
Obviously a big night as well. Friday Schadenfreude adds a big name to the prestigious venues it's played. The Goodman, Austin, L.A., New York, Edinburgh, and now Lollapalooza! The Ed Bus Tumblers will be there, Michelle Leigh will be there. Kanye will be there. If you haven't bought tickets to Lollapalooza already I highly doubt you're going to buy them now that you know we're involved. But for those who are going to be there, we're at 6pm at the Mindfield stage. Get it? Mind Field? Like the Urban Dance Squad Album? Wait, that was Mental Floss, Deeper Shade of Soul yeah-yeah...

No comments: