Thursday, July 6, 2006

The True Story of George Reeves

The True Story of George Reeves

I've been waiting a long time for this movie as well, L.A. Confidential meets Sueprman I guess DC comics won't let them use the Superman logo though, so he will have a blank chest in the scenes where he plays Superman. What a cool role for Affleck, I mean, he gets to play Superman, but in a much more interesting role.

See, that the other thing about Hollywood, I love it's history. I really think I would enjoy living there. It's plenty sad, but so is the St. Valentines Day Massacre.

Superman Has Returned

After much watching of The Adventures of Superman, the Superboy tv show, Superman I, Superman II, Superman IV (I couldn't find III and I'm okay with that), The Hulk, Daredevil (the director's cut is so fucking good) and Batman Begins I felt ready to go see Superman Return. I'll have my whole review later today, but the bottom line is I loved it. Considering the incarnations of Superman they tried to float for the remount of the character over the last ten years with all the BLACK costumes and armor and Supermen who don't fly and Supermen who's "S" turns into fighting knives, not only having just plain old un-fucked-with Superman is a radical move, having it be such an homage to one single version of the character (The Richard Donner Superman) is incredibly radical and the thing of dreams to a young dreamer who started dreaming when Lois asked "you've got me, who's got you?"

These are the films I was born to make, or at least Moon Knight, or at least my version of Clerks, or at least...something.

I'm a bad blogger

I'm a bit of a bad blogger right now because I'm freaking out because I don't have a job and I really hate not having a job. But I've got my apparatus down, I'm now a resume sending machine and Justin and a friend of his hooked me up with a very nice temp agency and I've got another agency I'm signing up with on Monday. Some pretty respectable jobs. I'm trying to get a temp gig at a marketing firm because I'd like to work my way up into their video, editing, and graphics departments. Should've thought of that years ago but I don't think I was officially an adult until a couple weeks ago.

But I'm still thinking of L.A., always thinking of L.A. I'm practically living there in my mind right now. I'd like to grab a job as an Executive Assistant while I'm temping just to have the experience to take to L.A. Now those are some Executives to assist, I'd take a couple rounds with a Swimming With Sharks Kevin Spacey prick. Who cares? Everything that's not your life's purpose is degrading anyway. As Booger once said while playing a guy that's not Booger in another movie: "Sometimes you just gotta say 'what the fuck?'"

No comments: